Saturday, August 8, 2020

Erdogan Blocking My Site Syria News in Turkey for the 7th Year

Madman and absolute dictator Recep Tayybe Erdogan, the fake caliph wannabe, the enemy of Islam, and the war criminal has a lot to hide, that's why he seized control of over 90% of Turkish mainstream media: audio, visual, and written, imprisoned dozens of journalists, hundreds of former officials, thousands of opposition members and tens of thousands of the public so far. Turkey is the largest prison in the world for journalists.

Syria News is no exception. Yes, we are tough in criticizing Erdogan on our site, but isn't this exactly what he's doing against my government and my people? Didn't he bring tens of thousands of terrorists from all sides of the planet to help us 'get our freedoms'?
Islam's Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) described the hypocrite in one of his hadith - sayings: "Four characteristics constitute anyone who possesses them a sheer hypocrite (munafiq), and anyone who possesses one of them possesses a characteristic of hypocrisy till he abandons it:
  • When he talks he lies,
  • When he makes a promise he violates it,
  • When he makes a covenant he acts treacherously, and
  • When he quarrels, he deviates from the Truth."
Now look at each one of those and you'll find Erdogan does it repeatedly, Erdogan calls it smartness and political pragmatism to be a hypocrite, Muslims call that hypocrisy based on the definition given by their prophet.
In 2003 I was notified by friends in Turkey that they can't access my site, I looked up the issue with the host company and my IT friends who were helping me that time and they confirmed there's no issue with the site, it's rather an issue in Turkey itself. They advised to try a VPN and that worked, and a couple of other tests proved that Syria News is blocked in Turkey.
That was followed later by an email I received from Automattic, the company that runs the most popular WordPress blogging platform, advising that they're obliged to block my WordPress blog in Turkey, they did confirm it's against their policy and against their belief, but they added that they were threatened by Erdogan to block their entire platform if they don't block my blog, and a couple of others, from access in Turkey.
Yesterday, I was notified by some friends that the blocking is still in effect and they can't access the site, that was followed by a post on Reddit by some Turks saying the same.

I've detailed the above with links and screenshots of the related emails in my recent post: Censorship: Dictator Erdogan Continues to Block Syria News in Turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donate

Donate
Donate to Help Us Continue